White River Jct., Vt. 05001 • 802 369 9380 • email@example.com
REPORTER • EDITOR • WEB • VIDEO
- VALLEY NEWS, West Lebanon, N.H. • Web editor, staff reporter (Jan. 2012—Present) • Oversees www.vnews.com (1 million hits monthly), including breaking news, video, multimedia and social media. Versatile reporter fluent in cops & courts, features, quick hits and enterprise. Problem-solving self-starter and fast-learning collaborator.
- THE MOLOKAI DISPATCH, Kaunakakai, Hawaii • Reporting intern (June 2011—Dec. 2011) • Lead reporter for news, features and sports from around the island. Developed the “Big Wind” beat, reporting plans for a utility-scale wind farm and local residents’ fiery resistance.
- THE BOSTON GLOBE, Boston, Mass. • Correspondent for Sports, City Weekly, Metro (Jan. 2008—June 2011)
- THE HUNTINGTON NEWS, Boston, Mass. • Editor-in-chief, managing editor, staff reporter (Jan. 2007—April 2010)
- BOSTON HERALD, Boston, Mass. • Sports correspondent (2007)
- THE METROWEST DAILY NEWS, Framingham, Mass. • Sports correspondent (2004—2006)
- THE KALISH, Rochester, N.Y. • Visual Editing Workshop (June 20-25, 2017)
- NEW ENGLAND FIRST AMENDMENT INSTITUTE, Dedham, Mass. • Investigative Fellowship (Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2013)
- NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY, Boston, Mass. • School of Journalism (2006—2009)
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Premiere • AP style • Chartbeat • Dropbox • Facebook • Gmail • Google Analytics • Google Drive • Google Maps • Google+ • Hootsuite • HTML • iMovie • Infogram • Instagram • Kentico • Libre • Maps4News • Microsoft Word • Miles 33/GN4 • Playwire • Presslaff • Quark • Soundcloud • Splice • Storify • Taboola • Timeline JS • Twitter • Tweetdeck • Vimeo • WordPress • YouTube.
- CRIME REPORTING: First place, with Valley News colleague Mark Davis, for the day-one stories and continuous coverage of the murder of a popular high school teacher. New Hampshire Press Association, 2013.
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING: Second place, with Valley News colleague Sarah Brubeck, for a deep look at the history of a carcinogenic chemical near a middle school. New Hampshire Press Association, 2014.
- DAILY NEWSPAPER WEBSITE: Second place, for http://www.vnews.com. Vermont Press Association, 2016.
- VERMONT PRESS ASSOCIATION • Board of Directors (July 2015—Present)
- UPPER VALLEY HUMANE SOCIETY • Cleaning animal cages (Sept. 2015—March 2016)
- UPPER VALLEY HAVEN • Dinner team for adult shelter (Jan. 2013—Oct. 2013)
# # #